CPA / FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATE
We are currently seeking an accountant with an interest in financial planning to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with a tax accounting background who is seeking an alternative career path which compliments public accounting experience and training. This position does not require sales and compensation is not commission based.
As a CPA/Financial Planning Associate, you will be part of a professional team of CPAs and CFPs®, creating comprehensive wealth management solutions for affluent clients, helping to align financial goals with tax efficiency. The duties of the opportunity include:
TAX AND ACCOUNTING
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S Corp, individual, partnership, fiduciary, nonprofit, gift, multi-state and TX franchise).
- Review compiled financial statements for corporations, non-profit entities, partnerships, and individuals, including work papers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C-Corporations, S-Corporations, partnerships, fiduciary, and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income tax, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Prepare and review complex tax projections for current and future tax liabilities of individuals and corporations.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Engage in consulting and special project as requested by Management and Clients.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
- Gathering data and providing analysis to construct financial plans including, cash flow analysis, net worth statements, retirement and estate plans, charitable planning, and tax planning.
- Prepare investment reviews, and other ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Attend client meetings and effectively communicate tax and financial strategy.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and developments in financial strategies, particularly with respect to retirement plans, trusts, and estates.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating client’s needs.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes and workflows.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years public accounting experience. (financial planning exposure is not required, but a keen interest in expanding your skill set is expected)
- CPA designation preferred. We provide an opportunity to obtain CFP credential.
- General understanding of taxation surrounding portfolio investments, retirement and estate planning, closely held businesses, and charitable planning
- Motivated with the ability to think analytically with a strong attention to detail
- Exhibits good time management and organization skills.
- Develops entrepreneurial approach to client service and good working relationship with client personnel.
- Intellectually curious. Embraces concept of lifelong learning. Willing to develop specialized knowledge of finance and economics.
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with perspective clients and cultivates referrals.
- Understands firm and professional ethics requirements and demonstrates them consistently.
McKinnon Patten and Associates, LLC offers a professional environment with opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation includes a competitive salary, bonus incentive, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental plan, and vacation time.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com